On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:16:17 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger(a)uvena.de> wrote:
after 6 months of developing, Geany 0.15 is available!
Great, but as I compile geany from svn, it doesn't really affect me _that_ much....
On a side note: Isn't it a bit of a blatant understatement to have a release
number 0.15, as geany is one of the most feature complete, stable and
feature rich editor around?
I mean, nedit is version 5, so geany would at least have to be version 22.15....
Otherwise: Thanks again for this great piece of software.
For a comprehensive list of changes to Geany 0.15, please see
. A very detailed and
complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog, included in the
source packages as well as in the Windows binary files.
Some of the highlights:
- Add 'Close Other Documents' File menu command
- Add support for custom file templates in ~/.geany/templates/files
- Implement soft tabs support
- Update Scintilla to version 1.77
- New filetypes: OpenGL Shader Language (GLSL), R, gettext files (.po)
- Add Split Window plugin
- Merge InstantSave, AutoSave and BackupCopy plugins into the new
plugin 'Save Actions'
- Many changes to the plugin API; see the API documentation and the
geany-devel list archives
- and of course many bug fixes and improvements
- New translations: Korean and Turkish, many updated translations
There are many more cool new things, you should read the Release Notes.
Notes for Windows users:
- From now on there are only two installers available: one with a GTK
runtime environment included (recommended) and one without. Both are
built against GTK 2.12, so this is hard requirement for the Windows
- Plugins are now installed in the lib/ subdirectory, localisation
files are installed in the share/ subdirectory and the Geany binary as
well as the libs of the GTK runtime environment are installed in the
bin/ subdirectory. So maybe a full uninstall and install cycle on
Windows is useful, your configuration will remain.
We want to thank all translators who have contributed new or updated
translations to this release as well as all people who contributed to
this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on.
All downloads can be found as usual on
Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc
Tim Tassonis <timtas(a)cubic.ch>