Yay! Great! Now I just have to wait, until it appears in the portage and I am testing it right away :)
2008/10/19 Enrico Tröger email@example.com:
after 6 months of developing, Geany 0.15 is available!
For a comprehensive list of changes to Geany 0.15, please see http://www.geany.org/Documentation/ReleaseNotes. A very detailed and complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog, included in the source packages as well as in the Windows binary files.
Some of the highlights:
- Add 'Close Other Documents' File menu command
- Add support for custom file templates in ~/.geany/templates/files
- Implement soft tabs support
- Update Scintilla to version 1.77
- New filetypes: OpenGL Shader Language (GLSL), R, gettext files (.po)
- Add Split Window plugin
- Merge InstantSave, AutoSave and BackupCopy plugins into the new
plugin 'Save Actions'
- Many changes to the plugin API; see the API documentation and the
geany-devel list archives
- and of course many bug fixes and improvements
- New translations: Korean and Turkish, many updated translations
There are many more cool new things, you should read the Release Notes.
Notes for Windows users:
- From now on there are only two installers available: one with a GTK
runtime environment included (recommended) and one without. Both are built against GTK 2.12, so this is hard requirement for the Windows binaries.
- Plugins are now installed in the lib/ subdirectory, localisation
files are installed in the share/ subdirectory and the Geany binary as well as the libs of the GTK runtime environment are installed in the bin/ subdirectory. So maybe a full uninstall and install cycle on Windows is useful, your configuration will remain.
We want to thank all translators who have contributed new or updated translations to this release as well as all people who contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on. Thank you!
All downloads can be found as usual on http://download.geany.org or https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153444
Happy coding, Enrico
-- Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.asc
Geany mailing list Geany@uvena.de http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany