I would like to help translating Geany to Greek.
The current translation here http://i18n.geany.org/el.po is 97.88 %
complete. I would like to
a. get this to 100% by translating the rest of the strings
b. (if needed) review and verify the whole translation
c. help maintain the Greek translation up-to-date
How should I go around pushing/giving my translation strings?
My translation credentials are
* Greek as mother tongue, Proficient user (C2) of English
* freelance, part-time translator/editor for video game and board game
manuals for 15 years
* long time user of Geany on Windows and GNU/Linux
* have translated KiCad to Greek (http://kicad-pcb.org/)
Hi users, friends, everybody,
We are happy to announce a new version of the combined Geany-Plugins
release -- right after Geany 1.27, Geany-Plugins 1.27 has been released.
There have been a lot of changes, but here are some of the most
prominent or noteworthy ones.
* Dropped build support via Waf -- please use Autotools instead
* Improve building on Windows a lot and so ship more plugins with
installer for Windows
* New plugin LineOperations
* i18n/l10n: Update of translations for de, fr, pt, ru
* Debugger: Fix many memory leaks and potential crashes
* Debugger: Fix handling of non-ASCII characters in file names
* Debugger: Speed up stack trace display on large traces
* Debugger: Report the signal name when the process received one
* GeanyPy: Add keybinding support for Python plugins
* GeniusPaste: Make pastebins configurable via configuration files,
adding support for user-defined pastebins
* GeniusPaste: Add configurations for fpaste.org and paste.debian.net
* ProjectOrganizer: Use the term "symbol" instead of "tag"
* Spellcheck: Improve detection of English contractions and other use
of single quotes
A more complete list of changes can be found in the NEWS file at
As usual, you can find source tarballs and Windows installer for the new
release on plugins.geany.org.
A huge thanks to everybody contributing to this great release.
Have nice time!
We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!
For a comprehensive list of changes please see:
* Remove Waf alternative build system.
* Greatly improve scope completion (Jiří Techet).
* Show a popup to select the symbol when going to a symbol has several
options (Jiří Techet).
* Update Scintilla to version 3.6.3 (including improved support for
Lua 5.3 and Perl 5.22).
* Improved symbols for C, C++, C# and D, and added symbols to CUDA.
* Update built-in PHP symbols completion and calltips.
* Fix lockup when performing reflow on some input with many
* Update translations: de, es, fr, it, ja, kk, lt, nl, pt, ru, sk,
We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who
contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so
on. Thank you!
As usual, all downloads can be found on
This is a short reminder that we will start the release cycle for Geany
The release is currently scheduled for 2nd weekend of March so there
will be feature and string freeze at end of February.
Please ensure you send all pull request in time which needs to be
included to 1.27 and as a plugin maintainer please check whether there
is any open PR you need to review. As a translator: The po files will be
updated by end of February in git. Meanwhile you will find up to date
files at i18n.geany.org and i18n.geany.org/plugins (or do a local update
with make update-po)