We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!
For a comprehensive list of changes please see
* Fix crash when a plugin calls plugin_set_key_group() more than once
* Fix updating statusbar after applying indentation detection.
* Fix converting color to hex for insertion in the Color Chooser dialog
* Update Matlab, Haxe, Arduino, HTML, C# and CMake filetypes.
* Updated translations: ca, id, ja, kk, lt, ru.
We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who
contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and
so on. Thank you!
As usual, all downloads can be found on
I really like Geany for Python programming in an Ubuntu or Windows environment. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get it to work the same way on a Mac. When I run the program, I want the output to go to a separate terminal window. I've found posts that explain how to get it to run in the message pane by setting the VTE checkbox, which is not what I want. When the VTE is unchecked, the output doesn't seem to go anywhere.