Geany 0.13 is available!
For a comprehensive list of changes to Geany 0.12, please see
http://geany.uvena.de/Documentation/ReleaseNotes. A very detailed and
complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog, included in the
source packages as well as in the Windows binary files.
Some of the highlights:
- Project session file support
- File Browser sidebar plugin, VCdiff plugin and Autosave plugin
- Plugin Manager dialog to enable/disable plugins
- Configurable keybindings for Cut, Copy and Paste
- (almost) full build support on Windows
- native GTK printing support on Unix-like systems and Windows
- and of course many bug fixes and improvements
- New translations: Japanese, Ukrainian and Greek, many updated
Note for all users of older Versions of Geany:
We changed the format how session files are stored, so when you start
Geany 0.13 for the first time, your old session won't be loaded.
Notes for Windows users:
- Native GTK printing support is only available when you Geany build
from source on Windows with a recent GTK version(>= 2.10) or if you use
the full installer(see below).
- To be more compliant with Windows, we changed the location of Geany's
configuration directory to use %appdata%. Therefore, Geany will
startup with a fresh configuration. You can copy your old configs from
C:\Documents and Settings/user/.geany
C:\Documents and Settings/user/Application Data/Geany
(or however the paths are called on your system)
We want to thank all translators who have contributed new or updated
translations to this release as well as all people who contributed to
this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on.
All downloads can be found as usual on
Please note the full installer for Windows (geany-0.13_setup.exe) can
only be used on Windows 2000 or newer. Windows 98 users should use the
small installer or the zip file together with a GTK 2.6 runtime
environment (available on http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html).
Get my GPG key from http://www.uvena.de/pub.key
It is time for geanyvc 0.2 release. It require Geany 0.13.
Changes in 0.2:
* Colorize diff in commit dialog.
* Fixed encoding problem in commit dialog.
* Added spellchecking inside commit dialog.
* Added blame functionality.
* Added Bazaar support (thanks to Karel Kolman).
* Fixed git global options.
Get it here: http://users.cosmostv.by/yurand/geanyvc/
Hello World, hello Enrico,
Geany 0.13svn >= 2188 (Latest windows build), Windows XP Professional
I have a file in the editor, mode is Win (CRLF), encoding UTF-8 (no
BOM). If I lookt at it in a hex editor, it is correctly saved with line
endings 0x0D, 0x0A.
If I mark (a part or all) the file, copy it into the clipboard and paste
it into geany, it is still correct. If I paste it into another editor,
the line endings look like 0x0D, 0x0D, 0x0A, e.g. 0x0D appears twice
(adding an extra line in the other editor and sometimes even compiler
errors if it is source code)...
`o_ o ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' .'
(il).-'' (li).' ((!.-'
Andreas Tscharner andy(a)vis.ethz.ch ICQ-No. 14356454