We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!
For a comprehensive list of changes please see:
* Increase speed when opening documents, especially on startup
* Synchronize Geany's Ctags implementation with Universal Ctags, this
leads to updated symbol parsers (Jiří Techet).
* Remove GTK+2 Support.
* Add keybinding to reload all open documents (David Yang).
* SaveActions plugin: add configurable target directory for
instantly saved files
* New filetypes: Julia (getzze), Meson (Andy Alt)
* Updated translations: da, de, el, es, et, it, ja, nl pt, pt BR, sk,
tr, uk, zh_CN
Starting with this release, the Windows binaries are built against GTK3
and for the x86_64 (amd64) platform. 32bit Windows systems are no
We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who
contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so
on. Thank you!
As usual, all downloads can be found on