Hi Geany developers.
First off, I've been using Geany for years now. I just love it. Thanks
for making it <3.
I'm a newcomer (you probably noticed). I have a patch for Geany to
submit to you.
As I regularly use the search window and the results to locate matches,
the results highlighted matches. I couldn't find how to change the font
(bold or italic)
so I went for something simpler.
This patch surrounds matches in each result line with right/left
pointing thumbs. I have
to admit this is really good enough to me as, with time, I started to
squint to find where
in the results the search pattern lies. I hope you find it useful. I've
already applied and
tested it with the version of Geany installed on my machine (Gentoo) —
provides out-of-the-tree patching features without resorting to overlays.
Note however I didn't go as far as detecting regular expression
sub-matches. Only the
text delimited by the "start" and "end" fields of the "GeanyMatchInfo"
taken into account — which was sufficient to cover all the cases I need.
more symbols is likely to clutter the result lines more than necessary.
Here's what a search line looks like ("gint" is the search pattern):
sciwrappers.c:207: return (☛gint☚) SSM(sci, SCI_GETEOLMODE, 0, 0);
FTR I have selected filled thumbs instead of the empty ones (U+261E,