I was seeking help for some issue for the Markdown plugin with WebKitGtk
today on IRC and someone pointed out this issue with Fedora:
Basically the whole Geany-Plugins package will be removed since one of
the plugins uses an older version of a library that will be removed from
IMO, it would be wise to separately package plugins to prevent one
outdated plugin from getting the others removed. AFAIK this is how it's
packaged on Debians.
P.S. It is my Markdown plugin that is threatening the removal of the
entirety of Geany-Plugins (upgrade patches welcomed).
We are happy to announce a new version of the combined Geany-Plugins
release -- right after Geany 1.29, Geany-Plugins 1.29 has been released.
Here are some of the most prominent news.
* Rename plugin GeanyLipsum to Lipsum (Frank Lanitz).
* Update translations: de, es, fr, kk, pt
* Addons: Add a function to deselect marked words with one click
* Commander: Add keybindings for triggering a particular filter type
* Git-Changebar: Fix handling documents starting with a BOM (Colomban
* Git-Changebar: Fix an off-by-one issue in tooltip hunk width
calculation cropping 1px on the right (Colomban Wendling)
* Git-Changebar: Add support for libgit2 0.24.2 (Colomban Wendling)
* Spellcheck: Strip single quotes from words' beginning and end (Enrico
* Treebrowser: Fix a typo in configuration parsing causing option for
"open new files" have not being save/restored correctly (Enrico
A more complete list of changes can be found in the NEWS file at
As usual, you can find source tarballs and Windows installer for the new
release on https://plugins.geany.org.
A huge thanks to everybody contributing to this great release.
We are happy to announce a new release of Geany!
For a comprehensive list of changes please see:
* Fix executing external commands on Windows.
* Fix search entries color with the default GNOME 3.20 GTK2 theme.
* Add support for keeping the cursor a number of lines from the edges to
always show some context.
* Update Scintilla to version 3.7.0.
* Improve support for GTK 3.22.
* Add support for VTE 0.38 and newer.
* Update translations: ca, de, el, es, fr, id, it, kk, nl pt, pt_BR,
We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who
contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so
on. Thank you!
As usual, all downloads can be found on