[Geany] relative paths in project files: is there an option?

Stephan Beal sgbeal at xxxxx
Fri Jul 1 23:48:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well it does know how to invoke the build commands (nothing stored
> means use the default) so if you are using something different to the
> "died of old age but hasn't stopped moving yet" make and its totally
> unportable friends autofake and autofools then the project file is
> where you store the commands.

i despise the "Auto, my ass!" Tools - haven't touched them in about 8 years,
except as a user of projects which use them. i prefer plain old GNU make
3.81+.

> > And given that scope, it's absolute-path behaviour doesn't bother me all
> > that much any more. But i do think the solution mentioned by Jiri and
> others
> > would be "the right thing to do."
>
> Well it would do the right thing a little more often so its worth doing.

yes, "righter thing" probably would have been a better choice of words.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/