[Geany-Users] Trouble with setting latex custom build commands

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Nov 29 10:42:20 UTC 2021

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 at 19:46, Łukasz Grabowski <graboluk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First time poster here - nice to meet you everyone!
>
> I have a problem setting up custom latex commmands. For example, I'm
> trying to have a command to run pdflatex specifically on the file
> main.tex in the current directory (this should work everyone, so there
> are no projects involved in my query)
>
> The way I do it is I just copy the standard geany command, and replace
> "%f" with "main.tex", as in the screenshot here for the command "make
> main.tex":
> https://maths.lancs.ac.uk/grabows1/web/files/1.png
>
> However I never get anywhere with it - if I run the command the
> compiler window just lists the command like in this screenshot:
> https://maths.lancs.ac.uk/grabows1/web/files/2.png
> and nothing ever happens.

Is main.tex in the directory listed in the message window after the command?

> This is the behaviour I seem to always end up with no matter where
> exactly I put the custom command, or what command exactly is used, as
> long as it involes pdflatex.

Possibly pdflatex expects input from stdin if it can't find the file
and its busy waiting for it?
Or your latex causes an infinite loop in pdflatex?