[Geany-Users] Future of the IRC ...

Peter Scholtens peter.scholtens at xxxxx
Tue Jun 15 11:18:14 UTC 2021

As an FOSS project, one further requirement I would suggest is to *keep* using an open source and federated protocol. Obliging infrequent users to sign on to a developer site seems like a too high threshold to me.
The Matrix protocol is practically proven by the reference implementation of Element, which can run as App and as webclient. Other Matrix clients exist: https://matrix.org/clients
Organisations like Gnome and Mozilla have switched to Matrix, to give some examples.

Peter Sch.