[Geany-Users] underscores

Ray Andrews rayandrews at xxxxx
Sun Feb 7 00:49:18 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-06 3:00 p.m., Lex Trotman wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 at 01:09, angelo.moreschini at medident-sw.it
> <angelo.moreschini at medident-sw.it> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I also had this problem (the underscore does not appear in the text).
>> After some research I realized that the fact is a consequence of the size of the characters, and by increasing the size of the characters, the underscore sign is clearly visible.
> The issue is how fractional numbers are rounded to an integer number
> of pixels for the line height, something about the Deva-Vu font
> metrics and/or the positioning of the underscore in relation to them
> when converted to the pixel size of the screen produce a line height
> thats actually too small to include the underscore when rounded to
> integer number of pixels, so the next line overwrites the underscore.
>   So yes changing size changes the fraction and whether the rounded
> line height is too small or just includes the underscore.   The
> workaround in the issue does not need to change the size as it adds
> extra pixels to the line height.

Just asking: why is this not an issue for me?  As I mentioned, my
underscore was too faint and too low, but it was always at least there.
How can it be missing entirely?  Some font sizes were better than others
tho.  Anway I now have the thing twice as fat and a wee bit higher so
there's no missing it.