[Geany-Users] underscores

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Feb 6 23:00:47 UTC 2021

On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 at 01:09, angelo.moreschini at medident-sw.it
<angelo.moreschini at medident-sw.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also had this problem (the underscore does not appear in the text).
> After some research I realized that the fact is a consequence of the size of the characters, and by increasing the size of the characters, the underscore sign is clearly visible.

The issue is how fractional numbers are rounded to an integer number
of pixels for the line height, something about the Deva-Vu font
metrics and/or the positioning of the underscore in relation to them
when converted to the pixel size of the screen produce a line height
thats actually too small to include the underscore when rounded to
integer number of pixels, so the next line overwrites the underscore.
 So yes changing size changes the fraction and whether the rounded
line height is too small or just includes the underscore.   The
workaround in the issue does not need to change the size as it adds
extra pixels to the line height.