[Geany-Users] Can't figure out "Project Organizer"

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at xxxxx
Sat Aug 7 00:10:24 UTC 2021

On 2021-08-06, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

>> How do you get it to index the source files so you can search for
>> functions, variables, etc? The "Reload All" button does nothing. The
>> only symbols that show up in the sidebar are for currently opened
>> files.
>
> With a project open, project properties, project organiser tab, it
> should (IIUC) index all the files with the header and body patterns
> but not the exclude and exclude directory patterns when the dropdown
> below says, auto, yes, no.  If its auto, then automajikally, if yes at
> least on project open, if no, manually only, as you point out below.

I opened that project organizer property pane, verified the patterns,
and changed indexing to "yes". Then I saved that pane saving that pane
does nothing. No symbols show up in sidebar.  Same for clicking the
reload button: "no symbols found" in teh Symbols pane of the sidebar.

The only way I can get symbols to show up in the sidebar is to
actually open source files in the editor pane.

>> There's a drop-down box at the right of the project pane in the sidebar,
>> but it has nothing but an unlabled checkbox (which doesn't seem to have
>> any noticable effect on anything).
>
> Don't have that, suggesting you are using an olde version maybe.

geany 1.37.1 (built on 2021-08-06 with GTK 3.24.29, GLib 2.68.3)

--
Grant