[Geany-Users] Can't figure out "Project Organizer"

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Aug 6 23:26:59 UTC 2021

First of all, with no idea of which version or platform you are using,
nobody is going to be able to provide you with detailed information.

I am not a user of project organiser so no expert, and comments relate
to current git.

On Sat, 7 Aug 2021 at 08:20, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've installed the "Project" organizer plugin, but I can't figure out
> how to make it do anything useful.
>
> How do you get it to index the source files so you can search for
> functions, variables, etc? The "Reload All" button does nothing. The
> only symbols that show up in the sidebar are for currently opened
> files.

With a project open, project properties, project organiser tab, it
should (IIUC) index all the files with the header and body patterns
but not the exclude and exclude directory patterns when the dropdown
below says, auto, yes, no.  If its auto, then automajikally, if yes at
least on project open, if no, manually only, as you point out below.

> The doc says:
>
>    Reload all - reloads the project file tree and reindexes the files
>    (if symbol generation enabled). This is useful when files were
>    added, modified externally or removed from the project.
>
> How does one enable symbol generation?

See above.

> There's a drop-down box at the right of the project pane in the sidebar,
> but it has nothing but an unlabled checkbox (which doesn't seem to have
> any noticable effect on anything).

Don't have that, suggesting you are using an olde version maybe.