[Geany-Users] Is there a feature like bookmarks, but for hopping between files?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Jun 10 00:52:21 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-09 11:33 a.m., John Gabriele wrote:
> Yes, this is what I've been doing, and it works ok if there's only two files you want to see.
>
> I currently have a whole bunch of files open, but am primarily working on 4 files --- 2 in one project, and 2 that look very similar in a different project. The four tabs are not anywhere near each other, and selecting and dragging the tabs to be near each other is a pain, because the GUI doesn't let the tab move beyond the end of the window, so I have to drag, drop it, click the arrow a bunch of times to move the tabs one more chunk over to one side, then go find the one I want again and drag it again, and continue until it's where I want.
>
> It would be very useful if I could git Ctrl-. and just cycle through each of the 4 files.

You could try the NumberedBookmarks plugin. I haven't used it and when I
just tried it I couldn't get the keybindings in the README to work, but
I barely tried. If I understand correctly it lets you set 9 bookmarks
(presumably they can be in different files?) and use keybindings to jump
to them.

Another thing that might be useful is the Commander plugin, where you
can hit a keybinding and then type in a file's name and select/jump to
the file.

Regards,
Matthew Brush