[Geany-Users] Is there a feature like bookmarks, but for hopping between files?

John Gabriele jgabriele at xxxxx
Tue Jun 9 18:33:07 UTC 2020

Yes, this is what I've been doing, and it works ok if there's only two files you want to see.

I currently have a whole bunch of files open, but am primarily working on 4 files --- 2 in one project, and 2 that look very similar in a different project. The four tabs are not anywhere near each other, and selecting and dragging the tabs to be near each other is a pain, because the GUI doesn't let the tab move beyond the end of the window, so I have to drag, drop it, click the arrow a bunch of times to move the tabs one more chunk over to one side, then go find the one I want again and drag it again, and continue until it's where I want.

It would be very useful if I could git Ctrl-. and just cycle through each of the 4 files.

-- John