[Geany-Users] vertical line spacing, line_height, filetypes.common

John Gabriele jgabriele at xxxxx
Mon Jun 1 02:17:23 UTC 2020

On Sun, May 31, 2020, at 9:58 PM, John Gabriele wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2020, at 9:44 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 09:43, John Gabriele <jgabriele at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks, Lex. Sorry for the delay. Here's the gist:
> > > https://gist.github.com/uvtc/ae80c71aa46a55660ad17c485a04b6c5
> > > It's in ~/.config/geany/filedefs.
> > >

> > As I noted above, lines starting with # are comments, but in your
> > filetypes.common all the lines that are actually comments are without
> > #, so no wonder it confused the keyfile parser and doesn't work.
> >

> Wow. That's odd. I don't know why that file contained so many
> uncommented lines of text. I'm pretty certain it came stock that way
> with the Debian package.

Noticed the same problem (uncomment commentary lines) in

filetype_extensions.conf
geany.css
snippets.conf

Oh boy, this looks like a pervasive issue.

If I go to "Tools --> Configuration Files --> Filetype Configuration", and choose anything in there, the file that comes up seems to have this same problem: lots of lines that are just prose/commentary, but they're not commented. (Not sure what this means, but in the window title bar they say paths like ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.whatev, but in that directory I only see filetypes.common and filetypes.README.

-- John