[Geany-Users] Dialog Issues - Multi Monitor Setup Windows 7 - Geany 1.33

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Aug 7 23:17:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 07/08/2018 à 18:58, OwN-3m-All a écrit :
> […]
>
> For example, when I go to "Search" and then "Find in Files", this dialog
> will sometimes not show up at all.  […]

Yeah it's actually a known issue, but nobody has put up the efforts to
come up with a good solution (probably mostly because none of the main
dev suffer from it, bummer!) yet.

Anyway, I gave it a quick shot.  Could you try the patch at
https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/1872#issuecomment-411224401 and
tell me if it helps or even fixes it please?

As mentioned there it might or might not work -- and as not mentioned
there, it's highly likely to give less-than-perfect positioning the
first time the dialog is shown because it's not very possible to get an
accurate window size before it's actually shown on screen, but it should
still put at least a part of the dialog on a visible screen (the one
closest to the saved position).

Regards,
Colomban