[Geany-Users] Deprecated code indicator

Ruud van Lent ruud.van.lent at xxxxx
Tue Sep 26 14:33:12 UTC 2017

Hi, for some reason I did not receive your individual mails, just the
digest mails (multiple)... So not sure if this is going to break this
thread...

Anyway: thanks for answering :)

fyi, the @deprecated tag is not a Joomla (which is a cms) specific
docblock tag; it is a generic PHP tag:
http://docs.phpdoc.org/references/phpdoc/tags/deprecated.html

Does this change anything in your recommendations?

I will have a look at the Scintilla lexer and see what that is / offers

I am also investigating the possibility to add the @deprecated lookup
into the PHP Code Style functionality, I have that currently implemented
(with a Joomla Code Style file) and what that does is what you add the
red squiggly lines to the code lines that have warnings / errors