[Geany-Users] Remain open after last close on Mac?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Jul 19 18:55:56 UTC 2016

Le 19/07/2016 à 20:49, Justin Rittenhouse a écrit :
> Maybe I'm imagining it, or maybe I never tested this since moving to a
> Mac from a Gentoo machine (not by choice), but I could've sworn there
> used to be an option to keep Geany open after closing the last open
> document.  I've enabled the "new_document_after_close" preference, but
> it's not exactly the same.  Did this option disappear at some point
> fairly recently?

No, the "feature" (actually, we just don't do anything special here) is
still here, you can close all documents yet Geany will stay open.

> Is this a feature missing from the Mac version?  Am I just crazy?

I don't think it's something voluntarily changed for Mac, but I couldn't
really tell.

However, it might be a bug in some plugin for example that doesn't
handle no document being open and crashes the application… not sure.

Jiří, do you have an idea?

Regards,
Colomban