[Geany-Users] Remain open after last close on Mac?

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Tue Jul 19 22:32:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:55 PM, Colomban Wendling <
lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Le 19/07/2016 à 20:49, Justin Rittenhouse a écrit :
> > Maybe I'm imagining it, or maybe I never tested this since moving to a
> > Mac from a Gentoo machine (not by choice), but I could've sworn there
> > used to be an option to keep Geany open after closing the last open
> > document.  I've enabled the "new_document_after_close" preference, but
> > it's not exactly the same.  Did this option disappear at some point
> > fairly recently?
>
> No, the "feature" (actually, we just don't do anything special here) is
> still here, you can close all documents yet Geany will stay open.
>
> > Is this a feature missing from the Mac version?  Am I just crazy?
>
> I don't think it's something voluntarily changed for Mac, but I couldn't
> really tell.
>
> However, it might be a bug in some plugin for example that doesn't
> handle no document being open and crashes the application… not sure.
>
> Jiří, do you have an idea?

No idea really - it seems to work fine here, closing the last tab keeps
Geany open for me. I would also suspect some plugin or settings but it
probably wouldn't be because of a crash; if it crashed, Mac OS would pop up
a window with a stacktrace.

Jiri