[Geany-Users] Fedora 25 Repo is Missing geany-plugins

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Tue Dec 13 09:01:56 UTC 2016

Greetings,

as far as I can see the current Geany-Plugins 1.29 should be available in
the stable Fedora 25 repositories:

    https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2016-01ad22d5c5

Please note that, with dnf, the usage for the installation changed a bit
and you will have to put quotes around the package pattern:

    sudo dnf install 'geany-plugins-*'

However, you are right that the installation instructions on the website
were not up-to-date. This now has been fixed with http://tiny.cc/q4qphy

Regards,
Dominic

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Fedge No <fedge-no at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Fedora plugins documentation page is a little outdated. The page
> shows to use yum, not dnf and the repo doesn't have a package with the
> name geany-plugins. I suppose the yum command is still mapped to dnf and
> that would be better for CentOS users or something. I was hoping to
> install them all with one shot but it looks like I will have to do them
> individually for now. There seems to be two versions of
> geany-plugins-lipsum that conflict as well so dnf install
> geany-plugins-* doesn't work, either. I don't know if this is all
> intentional but I found it a bit inconvenient. Most people using Geany
> probably know how to work around this sort of stuff but it is what it is.

Diese E-Mail ist nicht mit GPG signiert, da ich sie vom Webinterface aus
geschrieben habe.

This mail is not signed with GPG because I wrote it from web interface.