[Geany-Users] 1.25 incorrectly detecting file changes

James Brierley jmb8710 at xxxxx
Tue Jul 21 18:57:44 UTC 2015

On 21/07/15 19:42, Tim Tisdall wrote:

> Is this a known issue?

I’m not having problems with this myself on Ubuntu. I think it could
well be due to the FUSE SFTP layer refreshing your files and clobbering
the modification times, and Geany getting confused. This is only a guess
as I haven’t used SFTP mounts lately. Does the same thing happen with
files on the local disk?

Did you update Ubuntu lately? I’m guessing you would have mentioned it,
but something else could have changed which causes this behaviour.

> Also, is there any way to downgrade to the 1.24 version?  I'm using the
> PPA, but it doesn't look like the 1.24 version is available on there any
> more.

That you can do: http://download.geany.org/ has all releases. Geany
isn’t hard to compile and won’t interfere with anything else in Ubuntu’s
packaging system (but ensure you uninstall any packaged versions first).

I might try this myself with 1.25 and see if I can reproduce it,.

Usual disclaimer: I am not a Geany developer, just a layman in the Cult
of Geany.

Best of luck,
James

--
James Brierley
http://ppu8.co.uk/~james/

The key to solving the world’s problems is the
realisation that we cannot eat freedom.