[Geany-Users] Latest version of geany problems

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Tue Jul 14 08:42:52 UTC 2015

Am 14.07.2015 um 10:26 schrieb James Brierley:
> On 14/07/15 09:16, Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> It seems your distro hasn't updated the geany-plugins packages yet.
>> geany-plugins 1.24 is binary-incompatible with geany 1.25.
>
> Another thing to note is that a freshly compiled Geany 1.25 with GTK 3
> enabled says that it isn’t compatible with similarly freshly compiled
> version 1.25 plugins. Disabling GTK 3 stopped it complaining. (I hope
> this isn’t just me being stupid.)

Plugins also need to be compiled against GTK3. You have to pass
--enable-gtk3 in the same way.

But not all plugins are compilable under GTK3 yet. Therefore, if you
have previously installed GTK2 plugins, then some of them will become
stale if you just install the GTK3 plugins over them, and Geany will
report incompatibility for the stale ones.

> A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release. Geany
> goes from strength to strength, and in 20 years’ I look forward to
> telling people “I was using Geany before it was cool.”

It's been always cool :>

Best regards