[Geany-Users] Configuring build commands

Simon Langley simon at xxxxx
Sun Jan 4 16:06:02 UTC 2015

I want to make Geany use my preferred build commands.  I can do it with
a new project by using Build/Set build commands but then have to do it
again for each project.  Reading the manual I thought that all I needed
to do was make a copy of the filetypes file and modify it.  So, I copied
/usr/share/geany/filetypes.cpp to .config/geany/filedef/filetypes.cpp
and modified [build_settings] and [build_menu]

[build_settings]
# %f will be replaced by the complete filename
# %e will be replaced by the filename without extension
# (use only one of it at one time)
# compiler=builder compile source=%f
#linker=g++ -Wall -o "%e" "%f"
#run_cmd="./%e"

[build_menu]
FT_00_LB=_compile
FT_00_CM=b compile source=%f
FT_00_BD=

NF_01_LB=_build
NF_01_CM=b build
NF_01_BD=

NF_02_LB=_clean
NF_02_CM=b clean
NF_02_BD=

NF_03_LB=_rebuild
NF_03_CM=b rebuild
NF_03_BD=

I created a new geany project, tried adding/creating  .cpp but the build
commands remain at their default settings.     What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Simon Langley