[Geany-Users] Using Geany for Zephir sources

Johannes Lange johannes.lange at xxxxx
Thu May 15 07:36:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 15/05/14 09:07, Stéphane Mourey wrote:
> The fact is that if I set the Zephir file as a PHP file using the menu
> /Document->Set filetype/ (I suppose, my geany front end is in French),
> the symbols tabs detects all my classes, functions, properties, and all
> perfectly, but in the editing area, there is no syntax highlighting
> until I add the opening PHP tag "<?php" - but the Zephir compiler will
> not accept it. My first attempt to solve this issue was to copy the
> filetypes.php in a filetypes.Zephir.conf, and then tried to modify it to
> avoid the need of the opening PHP tag. My second attempt was to find
> another filetypes.* that fit more my needs. My choice was filetypes.cs,
> and this was the base of my project on Gitbub. Now syntax highlighting
> is correct, but the symbols tab does not work...
>
> Could anyone could tell me how to deal with this issue ?

If you create your own filetype, you can specify a tag_parser[1] in the
[settings] section. For you "tag_parser=PHP" should give correct tags.

Cheers,
Johannes

[1]http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#tag-parser