[Geany-Users] Using Geany for Zephir sources

Stéphane Mourey stephane.mourey at xxxxx
Thu May 15 07:07:25 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm new a the list, so just a few word to introduce myself : I am mostly
a PHP developer and I often write for the french magazine "GNU/Linux
Magazine France". I'm using Geany on a daily basis for a long time, and
enjoy it more than any other IDE.

As a PHP developper, I recently discover a new programming language,
dedicated to native PHP extensions. Its name is Zephir, you could learn
more here : http://zephir-lang.com. Its philosophy is to associate the
PHP syntax style with the efficiency of C to enable long-time PHP
developer to run easily their own extensions as fast as C ones and to
code them as quickly as PHP scripts.

So I adopted Zephir, and will certainly use it on a daily basis, as
Geany. So I naturally tried to code Zephir sources with Geany and to
make my own /filestype.Zephir.conf/. You can see the current state of
this work here : https://github.com/taophp/zephir-geany-fileconf

The fact is that if I set the Zephir file as a PHP file using the menu
/Document->Set filetype/ (I suppose, my geany front end is in French),
the symbols tabs detects all my classes, functions, properties, and all
perfectly, but in the editing area, there is no syntax highlighting
until I add the opening PHP tag "<?php" - but the Zephir compiler will
not accept it. My first attempt to solve this issue was to copy the
filetypes.php in a filetypes.Zephir.conf, and then tried to modify it to
avoid the need of the opening PHP tag. My second attempt was to find
another filetypes.* that fit more my needs. My choice was filetypes.cs,
and this was the base of my project on Gitbub. Now syntax highlighting
is correct, but the symbols tab does not work...

Could anyone could tell me how to deal with this issue ?

Regards,

Stéphane Mourey
--
Blog: Impossible Exil <http://impossible-exil.info>