[Geany-Users] Using Geany for Zephir sources

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu May 15 08:14:18 UTC 2014

On 15 May 2014 17:07, Stéphane Mourey
<stephane.mourey at impossible-exil.info> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new a the list, so just a few word to introduce myself : I am mostly a
> PHP developer and I often write for the french magazine "GNU/Linux Magazine
> France". I'm using Geany on a daily basis for a long time, and enjoy it more
> than any other IDE.
>
> As a PHP developper, I recently discover a new programming language,
> dedicated to native PHP extensions. Its name is Zephir, you could learn more
> here : http://zephir-lang.com. Its philosophy is to associate the PHP syntax
> style with the efficiency of C to enable long-time PHP developer to run
> easily their own extensions as fast as C ones and to code them as quickly as
> PHP scripts.
>
> So I adopted Zephir, and will certainly use it on a daily basis, as Geany.
> So I naturally tried to code Zephir sources with Geany and to make my own
> filestype.Zephir.conf. You can see the current state of this work here :
> https://github.com/taophp/zephir-geany-fileconf
>
> The fact is that if I set the Zephir file as a PHP file using the menu
> Document->Set filetype (I suppose, my geany front end is in French), the
> symbols tabs detects all my classes, functions, properties, and all
> perfectly, but in the editing area, there is no syntax highlighting until I
> add the opening PHP tag "<?php" - but the Zephir compiler will not accept
> it. My first attempt to solve this issue was to copy the filetypes.php in a
> filetypes.Zephir.conf, and then tried to modify it to avoid the need of the
> opening PHP tag. My second attempt was to find another filetypes.* that fit
> more my needs. My choice was filetypes.cs, and this was the base of my
> project on Gitbub. Now syntax highlighting is correct, but the symbols tab
> does not work...

Strange, if I take the "hello world" example from the zephir-lang docs
and simply set filetype C# both highlighting and symbols work.  So
setting both lexer_filetype and tag_parser to C# in the custom
filetype file should work.