[Geany-Users] Problem with mouse copy/paste

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu May 8 08:00:14 UTC 2014

Am 08.05.2014 09:53, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>> Ah, it also works in vim (didn't test emacs though).... I'm pretty sure all
>> curses-based apps work.
> Terminal based apps do that because they cannot locate another
> position whilst keeping the selection, since they only have one
> cursor.  Graphical UIs have a text cursor and a mouse cursor (pointer)
> and so can nominate the cursor position without moving the text
> selection.

I think he was referring to the fact that when you select a text in a
terminal (regardless of CLI or TUI) without moving the text cursor, and
then click in the terminal window (this still doesn't move the text
cursor but clears the selection), then the last-selected text is still
pasted. This is the case e.g. in the bash prompt of gnome-terminal.

Best regards