[Geany-Users] I want to run a c program on Prisoner's Dilemma in Geany but can't

James Brierley jmb8710 at xxxxx
Wed Jul 23 08:50:19 UTC 2014

On 23/07/14 04:51, Rajib Bandopadhyay wrote:
>   geany-plugin-scope : Depends: geany-plugins-common (= 1.24+dfsg-2)
> but 0.21.1.dfsg-4 is to be installed

This indicates that the geany-plugin-scope package in Knoppix needs to
be updated to take account of the updated geany-plugins-common. I don’t
really know how Knoppix derives its packages from Debian but sometimes
this used to happen to me when I used testing when pacakges depending on
one another were not transitioned from unstable at the same time.

So, this is a problem at Knoppix’s end, there isn’t much the Geany
developers can do about it.

In terms of checking for ‘breakage’ potential, you can check the
‘Depends’ line for each package using your favourite APT tool and
compare it with the version of the package you want to install.

I don’t know why you consider my helping you ‘posturing’. I tend to be
quite grateful for anyone offering me help with my computer problems
online. As for condescendment, I found your response to my initial post
to have quite that air about it.

I hope this helps anyway.

James

--
http://slippy.dynu.net/~james/
Vuelven, armada española, ustedes necesita Inglaterra