[Geany-Users] I want to run a c program on Prisoner's Dilemma in Geany but can't

Rajib Bandopadhyay bkpsusmitaa at xxxxx
Wed Jul 23 03:51:24 UTC 2014

On 23/07/2014, James Brierley <jmb8710 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Er, -f stands for 'fix', not 'force'. APT will not install a system with
> broken dependencies.
>
>  From the man page for apt-get:
>
>         -f, --fix-broken
>             Fix; attempt to correct a system with broken dependencies in
> place. This option, when used with install/remove, can omit any packages
> to permit APT to deduce a likely solution. If packages are specified,
> these have to completely correct the
>             problem. The option is sometimes necessary when running APT
> for the first time; APT itself does not allow broken package
> dependencies to exist on a system. It is possible that a system's
> dependency structure can be so corrupt as to require manual
>             intervention (which usually means using dpkg --remove to
> eliminate some of the offending packages). Use of this option together
> with -m may produce an error in some situations. Configuration Item:
> APT::Get::Fix-Broken.
>
> Sorry to sound a bit condescending, but I'm wondering how you consider
> the problem to be 'far more complicated' when you have not read the
> manual for the software you're using? I'm only trying to help. As
> someone who has been using Ubuntu and Debian systems for eight years, I
> think my advice might be worth something.
>
> James
>

> --
> http://slippy.dynu.net/~james/
> Vuelven, armada española, ustedes necesita Inglaterra

Dear James,
Why say sorry when you believe you sound condescending? Or did you
mean, Over-assertive? I believe for me it is perfectly okay if someone
appears over-assertive to me, when the person with whom I am
interacting supports his arguments with logic and facts. It also means
that my level of understanding would have to be sufficiently evolved
to discern between knowledge and posturing. If the two things don't
match, I would rather be skeptical about our future relationship.
Could I email you with queries from time to time?
I don't read man pages a lot because they are not written in a format
suitable for me. It is too overloaded (for me) with information, with
few words and examples, if at all. It is not something I can hope to
read at one time and remember all the package's usage rules. I would
rather wait till no other options are available to me - like a
prospective friend like you who is adept in such skills. Do I sound
arrogant, egotistic? I am the ego, for me things which match my nature
will be assimilated the earliest. This is an anthropic reality.
I used the word Force because in synaptic you could force a version,
and there are multiple versions of a package, as there are multiple
repositories for Knoppix, presently, Wheezy, Jessie, Sid,
Experimental, ...
To add, complicated for 'me' that just plain typing " apt-get -f
install", 'Me' is all that matters, doesn't it?!
And to end, the outcome of the code:
root at Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# apt-get -f install geany-plugin-scope
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 geany-plugin-scope : Depends: geany-plugins-common (= 1.24+dfsg-2)
but 0.21.1.dfsg-4 is to be installed