[Geany-Users] I want to run a c program on Prisoner's Dilemma in Geany but can't

Rajib Bandopadhyay bkpsusmitaa at xxxxx
Wed Jul 23 09:15:39 UTC 2014

On 23/07/2014, James Brierley <jmb8710 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This indicates that the geany-plugin-scope package in Knoppix needs to
> be updated to take account of the updated geany-plugins-common. I don't
> really know how Knoppix derives its packages from Debian but sometimes
> this used to happen to me when I used testing when pacakges depending on
> one another were not transitioned from unstable at the same time.
>
> So, this is a problem at Knoppix's end, there isn't much the Geany
> developers can do about it.
>
> In terms of checking for 'breakage' potential, you can check the
> 'Depends' line for each package using your favourite APT tool and
> compare it with the version of the package you want to install.
>
> I don't know why you consider my helping you 'posturing'. I tend to be
> quite grateful for anyone offering me help with my computer problems
> online. As for condescendment, I found your response to my initial post
> to have quite that air about it.
>
> I hope this helps anyway.
>
> James
>
> --
> http://slippy.dynu.net/~james/
> Vuelven, armada española, ustedes necesita Inglaterra

Dear James :)
You said: ... you can check the 'Depends' line...
I do it another way. I usually use gdebi package in GUI mode to find
the dependency issues.

You said: ... this is a problem at Knoppix's end
:) Did I say it wasn't?! When I wrote I was just asking for a
solution, which brings us back to square one. :)

You said: ... why you consider my helping you 'posturing'...
Did I _say_ that!? :) It is your perception! :) It was a general,
passing observation for 'me'!

You said: ... As for condescendment, I found your response to my
initial post to have quite that air about it...
Was it condescension?! I just re-stated your very words in a slightly
different form, actually supported you if you felt you were at all
condescending (I replaced the word with 'over-assertive'), and just
told the truth in a matter of fact form :) We colour our own reality!

Everything is just about the "I", think about this. There is a word
called 'empathy'. I've applied it a lot and a lot deeply to arrive
here :)

This is a forum for Geany users, so let us keep the posts reflecting
the forum policy as such, and not dwell on it.

Just ignore :)
Regards,
Rajib Bandopadhyay