[Geany-Users] Recording Macros / Keyboard bindings

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Sep 3 22:34:15 UTC 2013

On 4 September 2013 00:12, Daniel Carrera <dcarrera at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed the Macros plugin, but you have to use the mouse a
> lot to use it: You have to go to "Tools > Record Macro", then enter a
> shortcut on a window, and finish with "Tools > Stop Recording".
>
> I was wondering if there is an alternative to start/stop recording
> from the keyboard. Ideally I'd press something like "Ctrl+M" to start
> recording and then "Ctrl+M" to stop recording, and always use the same
> key to run the macro. That way I could use macros entirely from the
> keyboard. Is anyone aware of any option to do that? AFAICT you cannot
> assign key bindings to start/stop macro.

Correct, the macro plugin does not appear to provide any keybindings for
recording.

The plugin should use the normal Geany keybindings for record functions,
you should raise a feature request or ping the maintainer.

Note that plugins should *never* define default keybindings, there is
nothing stopping them from conflicting with other plugins or user set
keybindings.