[Geany-Users] Geany-Users Digest, Vol 96, Issue 13

Mike Miller geany-users at xxxxx
Tue Oct 29 19:52:17 UTC 2013

> From: Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com>
> To: Geany general discussion list <users at lists.geany.org>
> Subject: Re: [Geany-Users] Hierarchy of config dirs

> Sorry Geany is hard coded to two places, see below.
>
>>   Is there an environment variable I can set to define a list of dirs for
>> geany to look in?
>
> No.
>
>> Or, if anyone is familiar with the source code, where I can look to try
>> and add my own changes to the source and recompile with this functionality?

It should probably honor the $XDG_CONFIG_HOME variable. See:
   http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html

It would seem however that someone has taken note of the standard though, as
geany uses these defaults already.  Is/should there be a bug for honoring the
environment variables?

--
-Mike