[Geany-Users] Geany-Users Digest, Vol 96, Issue 13

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Oct 29 23:37:39 UTC 2013

On 30 October 2013 06:52, Mike Miller <geany-users at mgmiller.net> wrote:

>  From: Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com>
>> To: Geany general discussion list <users at lists.geany.org>
>> Subject: Re: [Geany-Users] Hierarchy of config dirs
>>

>  Sorry Geany is hard coded to two places, see below.
>>
>>    Is there an environment variable I can set to define a list of dirs for
>>> geany to look in?
>>>

>> No.
>>
>>  Or, if anyone is familiar with the source code, where I can look to try
>>> and add my own changes to the source and recompile with this
>>> functionality?
>>>

> It should probably honor the $XDG_CONFIG_HOME variable. See:
>   http://standards.freedesktop.**org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-**
> latest.html<http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html>
>
> It would seem however that someone has taken note of the standard though,
> as geany uses these defaults already.  Is/should there be a bug for
> honoring the environment variables?

Geany uses the glib g_get_user_config_dir() function which uses
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME on *ix and something windowsy on windows.  If it is not
using the environment variable (assuming you didn't override it with the cl
option -c) its a bug in Glib.

But that only moves the user config dir, its not the list of directories
you asked about.