[Geany-Users] 8Bits Plugin for Microcontrollers

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Nov 11 04:12:54 UTC 2013

On 13-11-10 08:03 PM, lmx wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> for what I understand plugindata.h have the structs of the Program data,
> and geanyfunctions.h, an functions to access the places in plugindata.h,
> geanyplugin.h include both...am I right?
>
> I have this table,    table_box = gtk_table_new(1,4,FALSE);     with a
> label, two combox's and a button at the end , I want to add them at the
> end of the toolbar...
>
> Is that possible?I am struggling with this , and I am in a dead end..
>
> I have search in geanyfunctions.h, but I only found a macro for this... :S
>
> plugin_add_toolbar_item(geany_plugin, table_box); //*Is this the only
> way to add items to toolbar?*
>
> *plugin_add_toolbar_item* only accept a GtktoolItem * ?
> I think that means only GtkToolButton,GtkSeparatorToolItem, but if I
> want to add a table(1,4)?how can I do that?

GtkToolItem implements GtkContainer, so you could do like this probably:

     GtkWidget *tool_item = gtk_tool_item_new();
     gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(tool_item), GTK_WIDGET(your_table));
     gtk_widget_show_all(tool_item);
     plugin_add_toolbar_item(geany_plugin, tool_item);

Although it seems a little weird using a GtkTable in a toolbar, maybe
you have a good reason. If you want a better example, IIRC the Latex
plugin adds stuff to the main toolbar.

BTW, it's probably best to discuss development stuff on the developer's
mailing list.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush