[Geany-Users] 8Bits Plugin for Microcontrollers

lmx lmx1 at xxxxx
Mon Nov 11 05:00:43 UTC 2013

On 11/11/13 04:12, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-11-10 08:03 PM, lmx wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> for what I understand plugindata.h have the structs of the Program data,
>> and geanyfunctions.h, an functions to access the places in plugindata.h,
>> geanyplugin.h include both...am I right?
>>
>> I have this table,    table_box = gtk_table_new(1,4,FALSE); with a
>> label, two combox's and a button at the end , I want to add them at the
>> end of the toolbar...
>>
>> Is that possible?I am struggling with this , and I am in a dead end..
>>
>> I have search in geanyfunctions.h, but I only found a macro for
>> this... :S
>>
>> plugin_add_toolbar_item(geany_plugin, table_box); //*Is this the only
>> way to add items to toolbar?*
>>
>> *plugin_add_toolbar_item* only accept a GtktoolItem * ?
>> I think that means only GtkToolButton,GtkSeparatorToolItem, but if I
>> want to add a table(1,4)?how can I do that?
>>

> GtkToolItem implements GtkContainer, so you could do like this probably:

>     GtkWidget *tool_item = gtk_tool_item_new();
>     gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(tool_item), GTK_WIDGET(your_table));
>     gtk_widget_show_all(tool_item);
>     plugin_add_toolbar_item(geany_plugin, tool_item);

thanks Matthew,
yes it works ;)
> Although it seems a little weird using a GtkTable in a toolbar, maybe
> you have a good reason. If you want a better example, IIRC the Latex
> plugin adds stuff to the main toolbar.

its because I will have in this plugin a section to choose
board/microcontroller, based on that I will generate a config_board.h
for a specific MCU...this is the easiest way, I think...
The components seems a litle bit height , but for now its fine ;)
thanks
> BTW, it's probably best to discuss development stuff on the
> developer's mailing list.

ok, I'm sorry for the noise.

thanks for the help ;)

regards