[Geany-Users] Geany annoying colors in auto-complete

lmx lmx1 at xxxxx
Sun Nov 10 16:58:42 UTC 2013

On 10/11/13 15:58, Vitaly wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 05:33:23 +0000
> lmx <lmx1 at sapo.pt> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys..
>>
>> When I am coding...the auto-complete features starts to work, and
>> present me a background white, and the foreground for text is white too,
>> in the selected item... :S
>>
> When I started using Geany, I had the same problem.
> I solved it by editing the system theme's settings..
>
> If you use KDE (as me), it's quite easy: System Setting -> Application Appearance -> Colours -> Colours-Tab
> and play with colours :) Especially with "Selection Text", "Selection Background" and so on.

Hi,

I use Debian+MATE, and yes I can tweak only a little bit.
I forgot to tweak the foreground selection, thanks for that ;), now its
a litle bit better(I can now read the selected text).

We have a beautiful dark theme, and when autocompletion
starts...bang...a white square...in a dark theme.

I think that, the theme should solve this...the autocompletion, and the
sidebar code, have to inherit the theme colors at startup..which in not
at the time.

well this is only my idea, I am sharing it only with the purpose of give
to geany community my feedback, of what I think that can be improved :)

a big thanks for the tip, now I can read it ;)

regards
tux