[Geany-Users] Geany annoying colors in auto-complete

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Nov 10 19:37:02 UTC 2013

On 13-11-10 08:58 AM, lmx wrote:
> On 10/11/13 15:58, Vitaly wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 05:33:23 +0000
>> lmx <lmx1 at sapo.pt> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys..
>>>
>>> When I am coding...the auto-complete features starts to work, and
>>> present me a background white, and the foreground for text is white too,
>>> in the selected item... :S
>>>
>> When I started using Geany, I had the same problem.
>> I solved it by editing the system theme's settings..
>>
>> If you use KDE (as me), it's quite easy: System Setting -> Application
>> Appearance -> Colours -> Colours-Tab
>> and play with colours :) Especially with "Selection Text", "Selection
>> Background" and so on.
>>
> Hi,
>
> I use Debian+MATE, and yes I can tweak only a little bit.
> I forgot to tweak the foreground selection, thanks for that ;), now its
> a litle bit better(I can now read the selected text).
>
> We have a beautiful dark theme, and when autocompletion
> starts...bang...a white square...in a dark theme.
>
> I think that, the theme should solve this...the autocompletion, and the
> sidebar code, have to inherit the theme colors at startup..which in not
> at the time.

The idea is to respect your GTK+ theme, which you can choose to
customize per-application or system-wide as you desire, without forcing
specific themes onto any users.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush