[Geany-Users] no Terminal tab in Geany preferences??

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Mar 2 13:44:17 UTC 2013

Le 01/03/2013 14:22, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> Am 01.03.2013 03:27, schrieb Colomban Wendling:

>>> hyperair at thinkpwn:~% apt-cache depends geany | grep  vte
>>> Suggests: libvte9
>>>
>>> That's suggests, not recommends, so it's not dragged in by
>>> default.
>>
>> Hum, it probably should become a recommend IMHO, it's an important
>> feature and it used to be available to most people (because libvte9
>> used to be installed by other apps like gnome-terminal, which now
>> depends on libvte-2.90-9).
>
> I disagree. Geany is able to run without therefor it's only a
> suggestion to make usage of some cool feature.

IIUC, recommends are for things that are optional, but that provide
support for important features/whatever.  E.g., for something most users
would want, but that's still optional.  And I think VTE support is such
a thing :)

But that's packaging stuff I don't care much, unless it starts giving us
reports like OP's one about "where my VTE has gone" (and it probably will…).

Cheers,
Colomban