[Geany-Users] geany does not send commands to terminal (in fresh new installation), geany 1.23, GTK 2.24, Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Jul 27 21:32:11 UTC 2013

On 13-07-27 01:24 PM, Marco Bianchi wrote:
> I don't understand because when I run a .sh file invoking R code from the
> command line it works without any problem at all? Also if I type which R at
> prompt I get /usr/bin/R which is correct directory etc...

For what it's worth, I just installed r-base on Ubuntu 13.04 and set the
shell setting to /usr/bin/R and it works as expected, the R interpreter
shell is run and I can send text to it using <Ctrl>+4 after setting it
up to send text to terminal. I'm using fairly recent Geany compiled from
Git master branch.

Not sure what the problem could be, other than maybe if you didn't
restart Geany to get the new shell running (or even maybe typing "exit"
without restarting Geany). Maybe try to use `/usr/bin/R --interactive`
for the Shell?

Cheers,
Matthew Brush