[Geany] Remembering folding status with geanynumberedbookmarks plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Sep 3 22:59:52 UTC 2012

On 4 September 2012 05:56, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 12-09-03 05:33 AM, daspostloch wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>

>> Yes, I'm absolutetly positive - turning it on and trying directly,
>> restarting geany, rebooting, re-installing, recompiling, nothing
>> helps. Because I can set and then go to the numbered bookmarks,
>> I am quite certain that I have the plugin turned on. Is there any way
>> to further debug this? I also noted however, that neither the numbered
>> nor regular bookmarks are remembered between sessions, neither. So it
>

> AFAIK, Geany's regular markers' (plus symbol, arrow, etc.) line numbers
> aren't saved to disk/restored.
>

>> probably is a general problem saving this plugin's settings. This
>> is my ~/.config/geany/plugins/Geany_Numbered_Bookmarks/settings.conf :
>>
>> [Settings]
>> Center_When_Goto_Bookmark=true
>> Remember_Folds=true
>> Position_In_Line=0
>> Where_To_Save_File_Details=0
>

> Did you try to flip this to 1? Based on the source code it looks like 0
> means to store settings in the main configuration file (this one), and 1
> means to put settings in a file with the same name as the document and an
> ".gnbs.conf" extension in the same directory as the document in question.
>
>> Remember_Bookmarks=true
>> File_Details_Suffix=.gnbs.con

This is mine:

[Settings]
Center_When_Goto_Bookmark=true
Remember_Folds=true
Position_In_Line=0
Where_To_Save_File_Details=0
Remember_Bookmarks=true
File_Details_Suffix=.gnbs.conf

[FileData]
A0=/home/lex/tests/untitled.c
B0=C
C0=1346627477
A1=/home/lex/tests/untitled.cpp
B1=C
C1=1346627549

Mine is bigger than yours :)

And this bit above is where the folds are stored (the B keys).  All I
did was turn the plugin on and it worked, so what might be different
about your setup?

This is a fairly current git.