[Geany-Users] Geany Icon

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Sun Oct 14 10:00:35 UTC 2012

On 12-10-14 01:50 AM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 14.10.2012 09:05, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Geany has in the past specified a fixed image, (the jewel encrusted
>> teapot), as the icon to use for its top level window.
>>
>> There has been a request for Geany to follow the icon set by the
>> theme.  This has been committed.
>>

> I'm very curious that application icons be themed at all. IMO the icon
> belongs to the application and is part of its identity, and not some
> theme. This is also why Linux Mint makes me mad because of its icons for
> various applications including Geany.
>
> (I always switch the icon theme to a less intrusive one [GNOME-Wise
> which resembles the Mint-y look a bit] on a fresh Mint installation).

At least on Linux, this ability to customize things seems to be
prized/praised by many. So much so that "they" got together and created
a standard for toolkits and DEs to follow to make it simple for the user
to do, to globally change the icon theme instead of digging through
app-specific preferences, if provided, to change only the window title
bar icon while other icons provided by the same app follow the theme
properly.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush