[Geany-Users] Geany Icon

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de
Sun Oct 14 08:50:39 UTC 2012

Am 14.10.2012 09:05, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> Hi All,
>
> Geany has in the past specified a fixed image, (the jewel encrusted
> teapot), as the icon to use for its top level window.
>
> There has been a request for Geany to follow the icon set by the
> theme.  This has been committed.

I'm very curious that application icons be themed at all. IMO the icon
belongs to the application and is part of its identity, and not some
theme. This is also why Linux Mint makes me mad because of its icons for
various applications including Geany.

(I always switch the icon theme to a less intrusive one [GNOME-Wise
which resembles the Mint-y look a bit] on a fresh Mint installation).

Best regards.