[Geany-Users] open folder?

Lex Trotman elextr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 00:51:46 UTC 2012

On 14 October 2012 01:29, Moe, Mark <mark.moe at medtronic.com> wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> I have install geany 1.22 with plugins including the tree browser.  Is
> there any way to open a folder such that I can select from one or more
> files?****
>
> ** **
>
> In xemacs, I would type “xemacs .” to open the folder and be able to go
> in/out of multiple files.  The geany tree browser lets you do this, but
> that doesn’t appear to be a way to say “geany .” and go directly to the
> tree browser for the current directory (i.e. “.”).****
>
> ** **
>
> Any ideas for opening a folder in geany?

Hi,

(short answer) Unfortunately you can't.

(longer answer) The filebrowser is a plugin, it might not be present, Geany
does not have a way of communicating directories from the command line to
plugins, so since it can't do anything else with them either, it explicitly
ignores any directories listed on the command line.

****