[Geany] [Geany-devel] Incompatible UI change, removal of actions from ctrl-click

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed May 30 00:50:26 UTC 2012

[...]
>> The HIG defines ctrl-<cursor key> to move the cursor without modifying
>> the selection, but unfortunately Scintilla binds these to move by word
>> :(  If that was fixed it would work ok.
>
> Isn't there a special case for text editing?

Not that I could find.

Any editors I've seen use
> Ctrl+Arrow (if available) for word movement, and if you invoke File ->
> Open, type "tess test test" in the Location field, and try Ctrl+Arrow,
> it clears the selection, if any, or does word left/right, if none.

My quick survey of editors/ides showed that they used ctrl-arrow for
move by word because they didn't support multiple selections so they
didn't need move without changing selection.

[...]