[Geany] mac osx -- control-v paste not working

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Jul 14 01:25:56 UTC 2012

On 12-07-13 05:13 PM, Sean Felipe Wolfe wrote:
> Thanks for the info Matthew ... good to know.
>
> Are the necessary changes something that a relatively new c programmer
> could get a hold on and contribute to? I am going to be learning

Specifically for the copy/paste bug, it's probably something simple but
maybe buried somewhere deep inside Geany or GTK+ even.

For OSX usability in general, a big part of it is making a real
"application bundle" including a Geany binary that works in this
environment and its dependencies (ie. GTK+ and a few other things)
bundled in. Most of this doesn't require programming much, if at all.

> objective-c in the forseeable future so I'm inclined to try and grok
> more about C and Geany would be a fun project to do that on... if it's
> possible to help Geany be better on osx that would be totally cool.
> Maybe I will try and set up the dev environment up on my osx machine
> and see how I do.

Getting setup to build with jhbuild and stuff is a pure PITA, but also
doesn't require much programming, just patience. There's some info out
there for help, search for "Building GTK+ on OSX" and
"gtk-osx-application" and stuff like this. You could also get pretty far
without jhbuild and using just the stuff from macports.

Let me know if you start hacking on this and I can round up what I have
so far and make it available online.

P.S. You could also ping these guys and see if they can make their build
scripts/tools/process available:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-enterprise/files/open-enterprise/osx-stuff/

Cheers,
Matthew Brush