[Geany] Geany as Windoze noob's learning tool

Oliver Krystal mr.soup12 at xxxxx
Thu Aug 9 13:28:10 UTC 2012

Why is it so inconvient to use the @Drive trick?  If you check out the
windows paths, they're all specified starting with a drive letter.
Linux paths start with root . . .

For this to work, I (or someone else picking up Geany Portable) would
have to distribute MinGW with Geany Portable.  And I haven't been able
to get MinGW to work even installed as a regular system application for
quite some time.

In my experience compiling something with MinGW on windows rarely ends
well, if it ends at all!