[Geany] Geany as Windoze noob's learning tool

Ma Xiaojun damage3025 at xxxxx
Thu Aug 9 10:16:04 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> Not sure about bundling since Geany tends to stay away from extra
> dependencies and complexity.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Geany's default build configuration for C/C++
is to call GCC. So it's natural to provide a MinGW bundled option I
guess.

> One possibility would be either in the manual
> or more fittingly perhaps on the wiki to include instructions for
> downloading the Mingw binaries, adding them to PATH and compiling a "Hello
> world" program with them.
Yes.
I‘ve already created a page.
https://wiki.geany.org/tag/win32/getting-started
Feel free to correct my Chinese-influenced English or add more details
(There is no Windows box nearby and I'm using wine).